Want to buy a copy of my cupcake cookbook? Visit lulu!

Cranberries


Here's another dish I made for Thanksgiving this year. It came from Emril Lagasse, he calls it "Cranberry Conserve." It is really simple to make, and the taste is outstanding. I made it last year too.. eve my cousin who (has hated cranberries her whole life) took leftovers home! S0 if you've never cared for traditional cranberry sauce, this is the perfect recipe to try. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 pound fresh cranberries
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 whole orange, seeds removed, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup peeled and chopped apple
1 cup peeled and chopped pear
1 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans


(I double this recipe because we have a really big family. I add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts instead of adding another 3/4 cup of pecans. I also add lemon zest and orange zest to the recipe.)


Directions
In a medium heavy saucepan combine cranberries and water and cook until berries burst, about 10 minutes. Add all other ingredients except pecans and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 25 minutes. Add nuts, stir to combine, and allow to cool. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl or jar and refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 weeks. Conserve may also be frozen in plastic food storage bags for up to 1 year. Alternatively, you can process hot mixture in sterilized jars and keep in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.

0 comments:

Contact

My photo
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Want to buy my cupcakes? Email me at keckie.swenson@gmail.com

Vote for my cupcakes!

Followers

Petit Chef

All recipes are on Petitchef