Want to buy a copy of my cupcake cookbook? Visit lulu!

Stupid Easy PBJ Cupcakes











Yeah, the title says it all... These are seriously some of the easiest cupcakes I have ever made. I managed to make these and clean my kitchen (all dishes included) in the time it takes me to make many of my other cupcakes. But the great news is that they were excellent nonetheless! The only thing I would change is maybe making the cake even more peanutbuttery. The peanutbutter frosting compensates for the slightly less peanutbuttery cake because the flavor is very intensely peanutty. These cupcakes were a huge hit at work. Several people actually called them their favorites! I have to admit that is a little bit of an (unintended) backhanded compliment to me since I know how simple they were to make in comparison to my other creations ;) Oh well, like all my Food Network mentors say, simplicity is key!
Side note: I will be entering these to the Iron Cupcake Challenge under the name "Kindergarten Crush."

PB Cupcake:
1 3/4 cups cake flour (AP flour is okay too)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk (I used 3/4 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup soy milk)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup room temp. unsalted butter
2 eggs at room temp.
3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at a low speed in the electric mixer until just blended. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Blend the wet and dry ingredients together. Spoon batter into a lined cupcake pan, fill each cup apx. 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Allow to cool completely. Use a large pastry tip to hollow out a hole in the middle of each cupcake. Discard (eat) the center plugs.
Peanutbutter Buttercream:
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup creamy peanutbutter
3 tbsp. milk (or soy milk)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Beat the butter and peanutbutter in the electric mixer until smooth and completely combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Allow the mixture to fluff up and become light. Spoon the buttercream into a pastry bag with your favorite frosting tip on the end.
Finishing Touches:
Heat one cup of jelly (I used grape) in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time (stirring between each time) until it is somewhat pourable. Spoon jelly into the center holes of each cupcake. Pipe the buttercream on top of each cupcake. Spoon a light drizzle of jelly on top of each frosted cupcake. Enjoy!
Happy baking!






0 comments:

Contact

My photo
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Want to buy my cupcakes? Email me at keckie.swenson@gmail.com

Vote for my cupcakes!

Followers

Petit Chef

All recipes are on Petitchef