Want to buy a copy of my cupcake cookbook? Visit lulu!

Anise Olive Oil Bundt Cakes







I just bought this amazing new mini bundt pan at a restaraunt supply store and couldn't wait to use it... Unfortunately, two batters failed the test. One was far too fluffy (I overflowed out of the pan and then fell apart when getting the cakes out) and the other was too chunky and went into a loaf pan instead. But, thanks to Martha, this recipe for Olive Oil Anise Bundt Cakes fit the bill pretty well. They have a complex flavor and they took on the shape of my highly decorative mini bundt pan. The other nice point is that they were easily removed from the pan (yes, they actually fell out when I flipped the pan!) There were some air bubbles that caused the pattern to come out a little less than perfect, but oh well. Next experiment for the bundt pan will probably be that Pom Wonderful cupcake base from my Pom Gin Cupcakes. Mmmmm.... They have an outstanding flavor and they're moist, dense, and have a smooth finish on the tops. I'll let you know if it works as well as I'm hoping!

Ingredients:
Vegetable or Olive oil cooking spray
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 packed teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 1/2 teaspoons anise seeds, lightly toasted
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2/3 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat 12 mini Bundt cake cups with cooking spray. Whisk eggs, yolk, granulated sugar, orange zest, and anise seeds in a medium bowl until foamy. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until combined.
Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Fold into egg mixture in 3 additions. Divide batter evenly among pans, and bake until light gold and testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire racks, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.

2 comments:

Beth and Marcus said...

Those look awesome! If you wanted to bring them to sustainability, I wouldn't be upset. :) Everytime I see the Julie/Julia commercials I think you and your blog!

Stephanie "keckie" said...

Aw! Thanks, Beth! There will most certainly be treats coming your way!

Contact

My photo
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Want to buy my cupcakes? Email me at keckie.swenson@gmail.com

Vote for my cupcakes!

Followers

Petit Chef

All recipes are on Petitchef